Saturday, February 18, 2012

Meet Justin




Justin is one of the strongest guys I've met. He has already beat cancer once, and now he's bravely battling it again. Justin was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in 2007 and underwent 3 years of challenging therapy. This January, only 1 year after completing therapy, Justin was readmitted to the hospital and found that his leukemia had relapsed. Justin is once again undergoing chemo and living in the hospital. His closest family live over an hour away and while they visit when they can, this is often only every 1-2 weeks.

In June, I will run the San Diego Marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of Justin. This will be my first marathon, and while I know that training will be hard, it is nothing in comparison to what Justin will be doing.

Please support Justin with your comments and messages of hope. Please subscribe to stay updated on Justin's progress.

Also, please consider supporting research for developing better treatments for this disease by donating to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and sponsoring me as I train for my first marathon! Help me reach my goal of raising $3,000 in honor of all those who are battling blood cancers.

Thank you!!

Best regards,
Lina



Get Adobe Flash player

5 comments:

  1. Hi, this is a comment for Justin! Don't know if this is the right place to put it. I just wanted to say welcome to Boston! I am from Texas and I too miss my family. I know it is very different here from Cali but I hope you are meeting some nice people and that you are getting great medical care by the doctors here. Maybe you will even start to like the sports teams ;)
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. You are a strong person and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. -LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Justin,
    I just heard your story from Lina. She mentioned that you want to be a firefighter. That's awesome. They do a lot of great things in the community. Keep on working towards that goal.

    I also wanted to let you know how influential your story is on the rest of us. Hearing about your fight makes us stronger as well. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin! My name is Meg, and I'm training for the marathon with Lina. Our whole team is so excited to be running in your honor and for all those battling blood cancers. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you this past Sunday, but I fully intend on getting up to meet you as soon as possible. Keep your head up kiddo...we're all rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justin. My name is Diane Dyas and I wanted you to know that you are not alone. Through this blogspot there will be many people routing for you. We will be reading about your progress and praying for you. Keep positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Justin,

    It is wonderful that you have so many people running in your honor. I am running the Boston Marathon on April 16th, so I can imagine how committed your teammates are to your health and happiness. It is not easy to train for something like that - and it is not easy to go through what you are going through - so I know you must be a fighter! I am rooting for you to get well!

    Sending love your way,

    Kristen Kalenowicz

    ReplyDelete